Eligibility: The Summer Sailing Program is open to all students ages 6 to 13 of morning classes and 8 to 15 for afternoon classes. Students ages 6-8 will be assigned to the Junior morning program.
Program Tuition: The cost of each two-week program is $385 per student. Financial aid is available through the Karl M. Collyer Memorial Scholarship Fund. No Refunds.
- Classes will be tailored to fit the needs of the students enrolled.
- Students will be grouped based upon their sailing ability.
- Morning weather usually offers lighter winds and calmer seas more suitable for beginner sailors.
- Students must pass a basic swimming test on the first day of class.
Morning Program: - 8:30 AM -11:30 AM (Sessions 1, 2, 3)
- The morning programs are designed for beginner sailors with little or no sailing experience or for sailors who need to build confidence in their sailing ability.
- The morning programs are designed to teach basic sailing nomenclature, safety rules and will consist of daily shore lessons and on the water instruction.
- Sailors ages 6- 8 will be assigned to the Junior morning program.
Afternoon Program: 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM: Sessions 1, 2, 3
- Students in the afternoon programs must have some sailing experience, knowledge of basic sailing nomenclature and safety rules along with confidence to crew or skipper.
Race Skills Program: 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM: Session 3
- This afternoon program is designed to teach the experienced sailors racing rules, safety, skills and strategies as well as to foster team work between skipper & crew.
- Note the availability of the race skills program will depend upon sufficient interested enrollment, otherwise it will be replaced by a regular afternoon program.
Session 1: July 1 through July 12
Session 2: July 15 through July 26
Session 3: July 29 through August 9
MCSA 2013 Student application